Monday, July 25, 2011

The Long Hot (Flash) Summer

Not much sun, but the heat comes in the middle of the night

Three weeks after my Lupron shot I don’t feel much different than I did before. There is one notable exception – the dreaded hot flash.

During the day I keep pretty busy writing, building, pouring concrete, cutting weeds, and other manly activities with nary a flash of hot. That’s good. But once I go to sleep I can count on at least one and usually two bouts with heat and sweat during the night. Worse yet, it wakes me up-so I get up, change my jammies, go to the bathroom, turn my pillow over to the dry side, and try to get back to sleep. I usually succeed.

None of these bouts lasts more than a few minutes and they’re certainly not unbearable. My wife just smiles and says, “See, I told you what they were like”. Mostly it’s an annoyance and results in a lot of extra laundry the next day.

I’m sure many of you have more and worse side effects so this will be my last time complaining about this particular one. Probably. But if I should ever have a new one...

axman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Though it haѕ been confіrmed that black cohosh
extract for hοt flasheѕ can assist menoρausаl women ωhom hаve deficit
of estrogen іt can also be as а result of οther varietу
of stimulantѕ anԁ theіг individual lіfestyles.
, a breast canсer onсologist with the Universitу οf Mіami's Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, responded to the recent findings. Fink explains, "As it happens, these drugs also work well in alleviating severe hot flashes in post-menopausal women who either cannot or do not wish to use low dose hormone replacement therapy.

Have a look at my web-site; menopause and depression