Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Change of Scenery--A Different View

...as long as I can find my glasses to see it

Like many of my blogs, this one is only sort of related to prostate cancer. But I believe there are many things related to my health and the progression of any disease. Medical and scientific proof may be lacking, but how I feel is how I feel.

We just returned from two weeks in Hawaii--with our two-year-old grandson (and his parents). It was relaxing, fun, entertaining, and pushed our physical limits chasing a two-year-old up and down stairs, up and down the beach, and up and down volcanoes.

Taking time away from home always has positive effects on me (losing weight is not one of them). I think less about my aches and pains and diseases, and enjoy the adventure of whatever happens wherever I am. And I don't have to spend even a minute thinking about my to-do list at home. The glow will fade but there's always  the next time. I will repeat my motto: Do as much as I can as long as I can. But more and more slowly.

axman

No comments: