Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Losing Friends

In the past few months I’ve lost some good friends – two of them to cancer and one to a senseless accident. Even though they’re gone I haven’t quite accepted it yet. Every so often something will happen and I’ll think, “I’ve gotta share that with…” Only then do I remember he’s gone.

In each case I was shocked and surprised; even though the two guys with cancer were in the later stages of the disease. But it can’t be – denial. Then sadness and concern for their families. And finally concern for myself. If it can happen to them…

I wish I’d had more time with them. And it strengthens my resolve to do the things I want to do and not wait until the weather’s better or I can afford it or I finish painting the house.

axman

2 comments:

mbarnes said...

anyone with prostate cancer should know the latest data on vitamin D. Take a look at www.vitmainD3world.com they also have a good newsletter

Larry Axmaker said...

Yes, many men take vitamin D3 in hopes of preventing or slowing prostate cancer growth.
I have been taking 3,000 IU (along with calcium) for the past several years - with the OK of my Oncologist. There are mixed results in research results. Talk with your doctor.
Check out the American Cancer Society site for more information.
axman