Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sometimes a Lumpy Boob is Just a Lumpy Boob…

The word boob is used here to denote an enlarged male breast and not the affectionate term my wife sometimes uses when referring to me.

My mammogram/manogram is now history. I discussed the basics along with my cartoon idea of the process in my October 10 Blog entry. I was right on – except the Mammo-Monster was smaller and slightly more innocent looking – and it didn’t talk to me.
The X-Ray Tech, Lisa (an altered name to protect the innocent and keep me from being sued), was calm, quiet, and gentle. Thank you! The process was slightly uncomfortable and required me to stand in some awkward positions but was much less traumatic than I had expected.
Some of my fellow patients in the Women’s Imaging Center waiting room may have been slightly surprised when the nurse called me in and left my wife sitting calmly and wishing me good luck.
Post-Gram I was visited by the Radiology Doc (and his lovely Intern) who explained, as he poked and probed, that I was cancer free – for now, but at increased risk from the hormones. The lovely young Intern seemed a bit uncomfortable as she was directed to check out my lumps (I’d use the word fondle but I may be fantasizing).
So now it’s back to worrying about prostate cancer and letting my breasts bounce where they may.
axman

No comments: