Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 and 2011 and all that Stuff

Tempus Fugit – it really does!

Happy New Year yet again. 2010 was a pretty good year (after all, here we all are in 2011). In 2010 I celebrated my 70th Birthday and 50th Anniversary (with the help of my loving and eternally tolerant wife, of course). 

And I am entering my eighth year with prostate cancer. I may still be crazy after all these years but my cholesterol, blood pressure, PSA, and weight are all still under control. and NOT going crazy. I’ll take that as a good way to start any new year.

Life is good, time flees (what tempus fugit actually means), and there are still pages and pages to go on my Bucket List.

Maybe 2011 will be the year of the cancer-cure breakthrough! …or maybe not. That's probably not within our realm of choices so don't spend a lot of time worrying about it.

 All you guys living with prostate cancer keep hanging in there (it certainly beats the alternative) and actually do all the things you want to do (within some fuzzy and probably irrelevant legal limits anyway).

axman

2 comments:

Prostate Ruminate said...

G'day from down-under Larry and a Happy New Year to you and your good lady.

I'm into my sixth year with a Gleason grade 9 Pc but without all the pain and discomfort that you experienced with mainstream allopathic treatments.

On diagnosis I researched all conventional options and found that there has been little change in outcomes for eighty years or so.It held little or no promise for me so I opted for the natural route.

Having lost a kidney to cancer in 1995 and then, misdiagnosed with lung and liver cancer in 2000, I had the advantage, I guess, of already having been through 'the roller coaster' and decided it just wasn't worth it.

Glad to see you are writing about your experience. The more information newly diagnosed men have, the better able they are to
take charge of their own health.

I record my own experiences on my blog, at: http://www.prostateruminate.com/

I will keep an eye on your own blog to see how you are traveling.

Good luck.

David

Larry Axmaker said...

David,
Good to hear from you. I'll keep an eye on your blog.
The best in the New Year to you and your family, too!