Sunday, January 23, 2011

Yet another Escape from the Cold

How many times do I need a getaway? As many times as possible…

I’ve given up on staying warm – especially when I am outside all day in the wet and cold at least pretending to work. Our new garage is at a point where we can close it up and head to Arizona to thaw. I intend to warm up, rest up, and cheer up in the sunshine. I also intend to do some reading and hiking and napping and drinking – not necessarily in that order.

There is always something more to do but most of the time it can wait until I’m ready to do it – not always, but nearly always. And there’s always the possibility that somebody else will do it while I’m gone – maybe leprechauns or fairies or elves or menehunes… - I’m not holding my breath.

More and more I am accepting that I actually need more 'down time' than I did in previous decades of my life. Invincible ends at some point.

And I really do need to get some work done on the new book – with Tom my co-author. Maybe I can convince him to do all the writing and I can wander in the desert and enjoy the warm weather – now that’s a plan worthy of more consideration.

axman


No comments: