Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Getting Away Yet Again

The benefits of variety in life – at least MY life

Being in the same place and doing the same thing (more or less) day after day and week after week is my idea of hell.

Maybe it’s just my bad Karma, a highly regrettable character flaw, or just plain old fashioned wander lust. But when I’m traveling or camping or just doing something new and different and at least a little challenging I feel better. Mentally and physically – my aches and pains diminish (a little anyway) and my attitude improves (a little anyway). Don’t ask my wife to verify this; she’ll say I’m a grouch all the time.

Now we’re in Arizona for a few weeks of fun, rest, and a little work. When it’s over the next little adventure will begin. …and then the next one and the next one and the next one...

I suppose life would be easier if I was content to stay home and bloom where I was planted – but I’m not all that ready to be planted yet!

axman

No comments: