Thursday, July 4, 2013

Nothing New Under the Sun

The key phrase here is 'under the sun.'

It's finally summer in the northwest (there is not always a summer here). Whatever else happens, I always feel better when the sun shines. It may be just in my head but that's OK with me. This helps explain our winters in Arizona and the trips to Hawaii whenever the budget allows. Warm, even too
warm, always trumps cold.

Everything has a downside and I have noticed three minor problems in the heat. Hot flashes are hotter, fatigue is more fatiguing, and for the life of me I can't remember the third one. A cold drink or two may tweak my memory.

I think most people have ideal conditions in which they feel better. I know others who follow the snow like I follow the sun. A day on the slopes does for them what a day on a tropical beach does for me. I'm pretty sure none of this has anything to do with my PSA or prostate cancer, but when I'm happy I think about my problems less. That has to be a good thing.

axman


No comments: