Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Think I'll Take a Nap

Every couple days I get the urge to take a nap. I don't necessarily want to take a nap - it makes me feel like the old Grandpas you see on TV snoring away in their rocking chairs. It tarnishes my self-defined macho image.
My Doctor assures me (or reassures me) it's just that I'm old as dirt (almost 69). That's true, of course, but I don't actually feel that old.
Fatigue is listed as a possible side effect for each of my several medications. Now that's something I'm more willing to believe.
And there's the possibility that it's the biological process of my ancient immune system fighting off the Prostate Cancer that tires me out a bit.
Whatever it is, my energy level is definitely below par (at least below what I want it to be). It could be that the old geezer nap might not be such a bad idea after all - maybe. I'll let you know.
What is your experience with fatigue - and overcoming it? Let me know.
axman

No comments: